Description of the Rigorous Graphing Applet
The user supplies the following:
- The function f(x)
- Allowed are the four standard arithmetic operations +, -,
*, / and the standard functions sin, cos, exp,
ln, sqrt and expr^int, where expr is any expression
and int is any integer. Numerical constants are either floating
point constants like 3.141, or intervals formed by such constants, for
example [3.141, 3.142].
- The domain over which the function is plotted.
- The visible range of the function.
- Number of Nodes
- The domain is partitioned in that many subintervals of equal lenght.
- Root Finder
- Click once on canvas to find an enclosure for the nearest root. The
numerical value of the root will be displayed, and the root will be marked
on the canvas.
- Range Chooser
- Click and drag mouse on canvas to choose new ranges.
Last modified by Wolfgang Kühn on
Sunday, 10 October 1999